There are all sorts of exfoliation tools on the market, but you need to select the right one for a soft, dewy look. Since exfoliating your skin can be a confusing process, this exfoliation guide from OROGOLD Cosmetics has you covered from head to toe.
Exfoliating your body is easier than exfoliating your face, because the skin isn’t as sensitive. That said, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. This section of the OROGOLD exfoliation guide shows you how to exfoliate your body.
Exfoliating Your Hands
We place a lot of emphasis on the importance of exfoliating the face and the body, but often ignore our hands when it comes to exfoliation. Hands certainly won’t thank you for being neglected and will not keep your age a secret unless you start paying proper attention to them. The best way to exfoliate your hands is to use a hand scrub. You can also exfoliate the hands while exfoliating your body using a body scrub.
Exfoliating Your Body
Proper exfoliation is a must, and this doesn’t hold true just for your face. The skin on your body may be less sensitive, but it still requires some care and pampering to look good. Sure, we use soaps on a daily basis, but soaps don’t even come close to removing dead skin cells. What you need is a mesh sponge or a loofah. Both items are abrasive enough to loosen the dead skin cells and gentle enough to ensure that the skin doesn’t lose its dewy look. A word of advice; make sure to keep loofahs and sponges clean and germ-free. OROGOLD recommends having two loofahs and alternating them. It is also important to clean them once a week.
Exfoliating Your Feet
Foot exfoliation is a must-do. Feet take a major beating each day and need some pampering to get back to normal. Give yourself an indulgent at-home pedicure or simply use a body scrub to exfoliate your feet. However, you might have to exfoliate your feet more frequently because the skin on your feet is much harder than the skin on your body. OROGOLD recommends soaking your feet for 10 – 15 minutes before exfoliation. This helps you enjoy a perfect finish and beautiful looking feet.
One of the biggest problems with exfoliation is that most of us don’t know how to do it or how often to do it. As a result, we usually end up over-exfoliating or under-exfoliating the skin. The following tips should go a long way in helping you perfect your body exfoliation routine.
- Choose the right exfoliating product. There are tons of exfoliators available in the market, and you need to select one that suits your body.
- Always exfoliate while your skin is still wet. This helps the ingredients to suds up, leaving your body super soft and smooth. The best way to exfoliate your body is to do it while showering.
- Always apply exfoliating products in small circular motions. Make sure that you don’t miss a single spot. Think of it as a mini-massage.
- Remember to exfoliate every nook and cranny, including the insides of your elbows and the back of your knees.
- Be GENTLE. Apply more pressure on your elbows, knees and feet, but be gentle while exfoliating delicate areas like the bikini area and the neck.
- Wash off immediately. Don’t leave the exfoliant on your skin once you’re done exfoliating.
- Douse your skin with a moisturizing lotion after exfoliation for best results.
- Most experts agree that exfoliating your body 2 – 3 times a week is more than enough. Those with sensitive skin might prefer a lesser frequency.
Now that you’re armed with the right information on how to exfoliate your body, buff and scrub your way to beautiful looking skin without having to worry about skin damage or irritation. For helpful hints on how to exfoliate your face, take a look at our Exfoliating Your Face section.